- D.N. Beratan, “Why are protein and DNA electron transfer so different?” Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem., 70, 71-97 (2019).
- B.P. Bloom, R. Liu, P. Zhang, S. Ghosh, R. Naaman, D.N. Beratan, and D.H. Waldeck, “Directing charge transfer in quantum dot assemblies,” Acc. Chem. Res., 51, 2565-2573 (2018).
- L.C. Seefeldt, B.M. Hoffman, J.W. Peters, S. Raugei, D.N. Beratan, E. Antony, and D.R. Dean, “Energy transduction in nitrogenase,” Acc. Chem. Res., 51, 2179-2186 (2018).
- P. Zhang, J. Yuly, C.E. Lubner, D.W. Mulder, P.W. King, J.W. Peters, and D.N. Beratan, “Electron bifurcation: Thermodynamics and kinetics of multi-electron brokering in biological redox chemistry,” Acc. Chem. Res.,” 50, 2410-2417 (2017).
- D.N. Beratan, C. Liu, A. Migliore, N.F. Polizzi, S.S. Skourtis, P. Zhang, Y. Zhang, “Charge transfer in dynamical biosystems, or the treachery of (static) images,” Acc. Chem. Res. 48, 474-481 (2015). Editors’ Choice.
- A. Migliore, N.F. Polizzi, M.J. Therien, and D.N. Beratan, “Biochemistry and theory of proton-coupled electron transfer reactions,” Chem. Revs. 114, 3381-3465 (2014).
- S.S. Skourtis, D.H. Waldeck, and D.N. Beratan, “Fluctuations in biological and bioinspired electron-transfer reactions,” Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 61, 461-485 (2010).
- D.N. Beratan, S.S. Skourtis, I.A. Balabin, A. Balaeff, S. Keinan, R. Venkatramani, and D. Xiao, “Steering electrons on moving pathways,” Acc. Chem. Res. 42, 1669-1678 (2009).
- P. Mukhopadhyay, P. Wipf and D.N. Beratan, “Optical probes of molecular dissymmetry: combining theory and experiment to resolve stereochemical puzzles,” Acc. Chem. Res. 42, 809-819 (2009).
- D.N. Beratan and I.A. Balabin, “Heme-copper oxidases use tunneling pathways,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 105, 403-404 (2008).
- S.S. Skourtis, J. Lin, and D.N. Beratan, “The effects of bridge motion on electron transfer reactions mediated by tunneling,” Chapter 18 in Modern methods for theoretical physical chemistry of biopolymers, edited by E.B. Starikov, J.P. Lewis, and S. Tanaka, Elsevier, June 2006.
- S.S. Skourtis and D.N. Beratan, “Theories of structure-function relationships for bridge-mediated electron transfer,” Adv. Chem. Phys., vol. 106, Chapter 8, 1999, 377-452.
- D.N. Beratan and J.N. Onuchic, “Chapter 2: The protein bridge between redox centers,” in Protein Electron Transfer, D.S. Bendall, editor, Bios Scientific Publishers, Oxford, pp 23-42, 1996.
- J.M. Nocek, J. Zhou, S. DeForest, S. Priyadarshy, D. N. Beratan, J.N. Onuchic, B. M. Hoffman, “Theory and practice of electron transfer within protein-protein complexes: Application to the multi-domain binding of cytochrome c by cytochrome c peroxidase,” Chem. Rev., 96, 2459-2489 (1996).
- W.B. Curry, M.D. Grabe, I.V. Kurnikov, S.S. Skourtis, D.N. Beratan, J.J. Regan, A.J.A. Aquino, P. Beroza, and J.N. Onuchic, “Pathways, pathway tubes, pathway docking and propagators in electron transfer proteins,” J. Bioenerg. Biomemb., 27, 285-293 (1995)
- D.N. Beratan, J.N. Betts and J.N. Onuchic, “Tunneling pathway and redox state dependent electronic couplings at nearly fixed distance in electron transfer proteins,” J. Phys. Chem., 96, 2852-2855 (1992).
- D.N. Beratan, J.N. Onuchic, J.R. Winkler, and H.B. Gray, “Electron tunneling pathways in proteins,” Science, 258, 1740-1741 (1992).
- J.N. Onuchic, D.N. Beratan, J.R. Winkler, H.B. Gray, “Pathway analysis of protein electron-transfer reactions,” Ann. Rev. Biophys. Biomol. Struct, 21, pp. 349-377 (1992).